Monday, August 2, 2010

Project Ezra/Blog Meet Up








Well this past Saturday night I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff from Lovethelost.org. He goes down to Town Center in Aliso Viejo on Saturday's to do witnessing and preaching on a regular basis. That isn't too terribly far from my house so off I went. I was kinda mixed up as to where to meet him. When I didn't see Jeff, I tried to get into some one-to-one's by the fountain. I had a pretty good conversation with two high school kids, one of which was pretty upset that the smart card tract didn't and wouldn't turn green lol. I finally saw that I missed Jeff's call. He had been over by the theater handing out tracts. I wandered over there and got to meet him and his family. We had talked about doing the Project Ezra public Bible reading earlier in the day so we scoped out a spot to do that. We went up to the park but there was not really anyone to read to. Jeff had been wanting to do some preaching by the theater so we went over there. He read Proverbs 8 and went into an amazing open air sermon. He had gone through the Ambassador's Academy one year before me and his experience shows. Praise God he was able to get through the whole thing. We ended up getting shut down right as I started reading Psalm 50 aloud so we meandered over to the fountain area. I got to break the sound barrier, as Ray Comfort says, and read Psalm 50 followed by a short open air. My throat was killing me so I kept it short but sweet. Then it was Jeff' s turn again. He read from Psalm 51 and while he was preaching, three young kids came over in a sort of mini-heckler sort of way. One of them even tried to take Jeff's Bible from him. The way Jeff talked to and handled them was nothing short of brilliant. I kinda just stared in awe. He completely calmed these young guys with God's Law and shared the Gospel with them. It was a really great time. I was glad to finally get out there and do some fishing with someone else who has such a passion for the lost. Can't wait to get out there again! If you haven't checked out Project Ezra, please do so. It's a great way to get out there and speak out for the Lord. You don't even need to know what to say, you just have to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment