Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bad Religion at Big Mike's


With a young guy wearing a shirt with the image shown here and my pocket filled with curved illusions tracts from living waters, I immediately felt like I should witness to him. Please don't believe the previous sentence! I was at first put off and intimidated by his apparel and figured I already knew where he stood so why bother. What I couldn't get around was James 4:17 "Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." The reason this was so heavy on me was because of an open door to witness I ignored at GameStop Monday night. I didn't want to do that again. All of this boy's friends were outside the sandwich shop we were about to eat at so it seemed as if God had set it up where I could break the ice with just the one person. I didn't want to commit a sin of omission by not at least handing this young man a tract so I did. He was blown away by the illusion tracts so I handed it to him and went through some of the Law with him and that Jesus died for those things. We shook hands and exchanged goodbyes. It was wild after that! He went outside and just like Ray Comfort has talked about in some of his sermons, now the boy was sharing the tract! He apparently did not realize the Gospel was spelled out on the back of the red and blue curves so he was showing all of his friends the Gospel message while he looked at the colorful side!! It was great! All this was to say, don't assume someone doesn't want to hear your message even if they look like they could care less. God met me where I was at, just like Saul on the road to Damascus, so I know for sure He can do that with anyone, anywhere. It's up to us to just be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment