Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Workplace Witnessing


Well there I was on my lunch break at work. I pulled up one of the Way of the Master lessons to look through so I could finish them all up before next weeks Ambassador's Academy. My Filipino co-worker asked what I was looking at so I explained to him that I was learning to share my faith more effectively. What an epic fail that would have been if I had not shared with him right? So I asked him if he had a christian background. He informed me that he, like a lot of Filipino's, had a Catholic background. He hadn't been to church in some time though but he was still familiar with Jesus and why He is so important. I took him through some of the 10 Commandments and he acknowledged that he had broken them and that the decision to follow Christ was not something he should put off. Now that didn't lead to a decision today, but the seed was definitely (re)planted and he will have something to think about. I left him off with a million dollar bill tract from livingwaters.com and he gladly said, "thank you." As you can see in the picture posted, he looked more than happy that someone shared with him the Law then the Love of Christ. Don't be afraid to take the chance to share with someone, especially when it is so clearly open for you to do so. The person will most likely be very grateful to you for caring about them enough to share.

Romans 10:14 (New International Version)
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome bro! Especially the fact that Catholic Filipinos are some of the most difficult people to witness to (my family for sure!). I have trouble even mentioning anything biblical to them without getting the "evil eye". Praise God for your faithfulness pare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great example of how "easy" it "could" be to share the gospel if you have the right approach and look for opportunities. Great example Virg. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete