Sunday, May 9, 2010

Xbox Judgment Day


So I was sending messages back and forth with a guy after the initial witnessing message. He had it in his mind that there was a set time that judgment day would come upon him. In other words, he thought it was some far off day that didn't concern him yet. He even went as far as to say,"well judgment day isn't anytime soon unless there's something you know that your not telling me." I let him know that it was whenever he died(Hebrews 9:27) and that it could be today if a meteor were to hit his house or some other freak accident. He seemed to never have even thought of that. He, like most, probably figures there's gonna be time for him to get right with God at the end. I felt glad that he responded in a way that made it seem as if he understood what I meant. I sent him a friend request so I could speak with him again about Jesus. Don't be shy to let people know that they don't know when they will die and that it is important to make a decision for Christ and that not making a decision IS making a decision. This is one way in which the "be friends with someone and hope they accept Christ one day" type of witnessing falls short in my opinion. People need to know why they will be seen as sinful on that day and repent accordingly.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (King James Version)

2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment