Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Omegle Witnessing

Ok so I had heard about this website, Omegle, from some people on the Ambassador's Alliance website so I decided to check it out. This is a most bizarre website. You get put into a chat room with a totally anonymous stranger. I went there specifically to witness. A majority of the people disconnect right away when you bring up God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, etc. The following, however, is a conversation that I had with a young person that went pretty well. Figured I'd post it on here for you guys to check out. This one is a bit long, and I did make some mistakes but there's good material in this conversation for you guys to check out if you have the time! Enjoy!



You: 35 m usa, disconnect unless you want to hear some good news!
Stranger: um... whats the good news?
You: The good news is that you can go to heaven. do you want to know how?
Stranger: sure..
You: ok well in spite of the fact that we have all sinned(sin is transgression of the Law-10 commandments) by lying, stealing, looking with lust, hating, blaspheming, etc God loves us so much that He sent Jesus to take the punishment for those sins on the cross. he died and rose again 3 days later defeating death so if we repent and trust in Him we can go to heaven. Good news huh?
Stranger: mm, yep. very, thanks
Stranger: question though...
You: ok
Stranger: so what if one was to commit suicide- Heaven?
Stranger: I mean.. would they go to Heaven?
You: you know the wife and i were just talking about this the other day. it doesnt say specifically in the bible. it says not to murder though.
Stranger: hm... okay, thanks
You: i kinda think that all christians would just kill themselves after they got saved if that were the case....DONT DRINK THE KOOL AID LOL
Stranger: hm... hahah
You: what do you think happens when you die?
Stranger: Um, I'm not sure, I don't want to make assumptions though. Ever since I was little I've always been fascinated by death though. And I've written stories about different ideas of death. In one death was an empty white room, in another death was never ending... my ideas go on.
You: interesting
You: can i tell you what the bible says?
Stranger: yeah sure
You: in hebrews 9 verse 27 it says we are appointed to die once, then the Judgment. based on what i told you earlier about the 10 commandments do you think you would be guilty on that day?
You: ie ever lied, stolen or blasphemed Gods name?
Stranger: wait... i'm a little confused...
You: ok i didnt mean to confuse you sorry
You: do you have a question
Stranger: yeah.. be guilty about what on what day?
You: guilty of breaking God's Laws(the 10 commandments) on Judgment day. if you were to die today where do you think you would go if heaven and hell were real
Stranger: ooh, okay. mm, i'm not sure, and i guess i can never really know either.
You: i know for sure. Jesus said" I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except through me" we broke God's Law, Jesus paid the fine.
Stranger: based on what you said though if i were to repent and trust in God then I would go to heaven, right?
You: yes absolutely.
Stranger: ah okay.
You: and its important to make that decision. the bible says today is the day of salvation. none of us knows when we will walk off this planet.
Stranger: hm... i mean i do believe in God and Jesus, but only to a certain extent. Like, I don't want to limit myself to believing in one thing, and i don't think other people should either. Not being judgmental, its not my decision of what other people do.
Stranger: but i think we should have the option of options... you know
Stranger: ?
You: Well God does give us free will. we have the option not to follow Him. you wouldnt want to force someone to love you? their love would mean nothing right?
Stranger: yeah, exactly.
You: but almost every religion says do this this this. Christianity says "Done" on the cross Jesus said"it is finished" everything you need to get to heaven has been done. its up to you wether or not you accept God's free gift of salvation.
You: if all ways religions were "ok" do you think God would have still punished Jesus on that cross? He'd be demented at that point
Stranger: yeah, but im saying people shouldn't have to follow only one religion. I think it would be easier if you were able to believe whatever you want to believe. Heck, you should be able to believe in every type of religion there is if you want.
Stranger: That's what I'm saying. I don't want my possibilites to be limited.
You: well technically God doesnt want us following religion. He wants us to follow Jesus who is also God. one of the commandments is to only have 1 God.
You: let me put it this way, if you wanted to go to New York would it be reasonable to expect to walk on just any plane and get there?
Stranger: ah nope.
You: exactly. God provided THE way. Himself, the perfect sacrifice for all of our sins. the bible says there without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin and that Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
Stranger: hm... i mean i see where your going with this. but i dont like having to be tied down to one thing like that. in such a way where i can only follow one thing.
Stranger: ill brb
You: you would spread yourself pretty thin following all the religions. ultimately it makes sense that if there's only one God, and He prescribed a way to be with Him for eternity, that that's how it has to be. i see what you are saying i think. in a world of tolerance and no absolutes it serves a protective measure to not get fooled
You: ok. trust me i spent years trying to figure this out. after i got saved and read the bible, nothing is as true as that book. all the specific prophecies are mindblowing
Stranger: hm... i dont want to follow all the religions, i just want to have the option to believe something else if thats what i wanted.
You: and you would have that option. but i can assure you, once you repent and trust in the Savior you will realize you dont need any. you will still have your free will. its an amazing freedom and privledge to follow Christ!
Stranger: hm... alright, i think i understand now.
You: you dont become a mindless zombie like people think LOL
You: i hope you can tell from talking to me im just a regular guy, saved by grace
Stranger: haha
Stranger: yes, i can tell. you seem pretty regular
Stranger: well can you tell im just a regular confused teenager? hah..
You: lol nah youre ok in my book. but this is all important stuff. we cant just wait until were old to make this decision. we never know when we are going to go. can i give you a prayer to have and when you are ready to follow Jesus you can say it. then find a church to go to and start reading your bible? do you have a bible?
Stranger: i do have a bible, yes. at my dads house... and sure.
You: ok cool well there's always biblegateway.com blueletterbible.org and esvonline.org you can check out online. start with the gospel of john. whats your name so i can pray for you?
You: "Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.
Stranger: mm, im *******
You: He is good, He will forgive all you've ever done. Just repent and trust in Him.
You: nice talking with you *******
Stranger: okay, thanks.. nice talking with you too
You: heres my testimony too if you wanna read it digoutreach.com/index.php?option=com_con...monies&Itemid=77
Stranger: okay cool
You: thats our website. we are gamers who love God!
Stranger: awesome
You: have a great night and remember, this isnt a decision we should put off. we live in a crazy world but know this, Jesus has overcome the world. God bless you!
Stranger: thank you. and you have a great night too


Psalm 51:13 (English Standard Version)

13Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will return to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment