Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What Would You Do?


Most people ask "what would Jesus do". Some have changed that phrase to not be so up to debate and say "what did Jesus do". Porter Wagoner asks "what would you do". I picked up a country gospel cd at Target for the reasonable price of $6.98 and this song really made me do some thinking. I hope it does the same for you. Even if you don't like country music, take the 2 minutes and 4 seconds to listen and think. Think about your freedom in Christ and whether or not your liberties are given by Him or by yourself. Would they still be liberties you would take if He were sitting on your couch? Make sure you are not using God's grace as a license to sin.


"What would you do" is a great question Mr. Wagoner. I have a question for you guys. "What are you doing?" What if Jesus did come back right now? Are you ready? Would you have to hide your games,music and movies? Are you in the Word every day? Are you praying regularly? Are you loving others? Are you loving them enough to share the gospel with them? Think about these things guys. In my opinion a lot of why non-believers see Christians as a joke is because we don't act set apart. There is no line between what we will watch or listen to and what the world will. Hebrews 4:13 tells us, And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. That being the case, why do we act as if He's not in our living room? Please don't take this as legalistic. I am speaking to myself as much as anyone. I'm typing and looking at my game collection right now, thinking. Trust me, the 2 minute song had an impact on me. I hope it does the same for you.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely makes you reflect and think about it. The truth is, He's already at our houses, and that's a fact we can seem to overlook sometimes when we act the way we do or do somethings we do.

    ReplyDelete