Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Interesting Find-Entry 10

Beginning of Story
Previous Chapter

Just left Emelia's funeral. Many people were there. Daniel didn't show up. Claimed he was mad at God. Last I had checked he did not believe in God. O well, at least he acknowledges His existence. I told her it was too late to go to the market. I wish she would have just stayed home that night. My friends all think I'm crazy that I still keep my faith in God and that I go to church. I told them when I repented and trusted in Jesus, I didn't do it for things to go right in my life. I did it because I saw my sins as exceedingly sinful and my conscience spurred my need for forgiveness. I told them that Jesus is the only way to Heaven and I wont trade that relationship because of some hard times. Like Job said,

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

My friends don't get it but I will keep praying for them. We don't have much time here and I always want to be ready to go when I die or when Jesus comes back. I am thankful for all the time that I have. I hope to use it wisely by sharing my faith and being obedient to the Lord. It is difficult to consider this trial pure joy but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can't wait to see my wife again in Heaven one day. I need to call my son.

1 comment:

  1. One more part to go guys! If we get 6 comments I'll post the Epilogue early :)

    ReplyDelete