Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Interesting Find-Entry 6

Beginning of Story
Previous Chapter

Waiting for Eli to show up from the hotel. Its a bit of a drive but I thought he would have been here by now. He's always late. Spoke with David today. David is a Christian and normally he is just like my mom with the "Jesus loves you" stuff. But today he kind of made me angry. He asked if I felt I was a good person and if I was familiar with the 10 Commandments. I told him I was a good person. I mean, I've never killed anyone. He told me that according to the Bible hate is like murder and that God will judge our thought life too. He also said that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire and that that thieves and adulterers will not inherit the Kingdom of God. I adamantly told him that I never cheated on my wife. He told me that Jesus considers a lustful look to be the same as adultery in the eyes of God. All this fear mongering and talk of Hell is not what I wanted to hear. Still, I am guilty of all those things. If what he says is true I could be in big trouble if I were to die today. At least the conversation ended good. Dave mentioned that it sounded like I had found Job's journal but he kind of laughed off the thought. I will have to look up Job in my Bible when I get home if I can find it. He also informed me that the word dinosaur wasn't invented until the 1800's. No wonder that exact word is not in Daves "Good Book" there. He prayed for me and told me he loved me and missed me. Speaking of missing someone, I had better call Eli.

No comments:

Post a Comment