Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Interesting Find-Entry 9

Beginning of Story
Previous Chapter

Haven't had much time to write. Been out street witnessing and going to church with my wife Emelia now for several months. She is super excited about my salvation. It's opened doors to talk about Jesus with my son, Daniel who is now 20 years old. I've gotten to talk with his wife some too. She is seeming to understand. I hope he "gets it" one of these days. He's seen too many people claim to be Christians but have no fruit of salvation. At least I planted the seed with him like David did for me. Hopefully someone will water that seed like the sheriff in the airport did with me. I know God will make it grow. I've been growing in my walk with the Lord lately. I've read the whole Bible and I've read the book of Job several times since I've been saved. Job's story sure does seem to match up with the journal we found overseas. The University won't see it. The last thing they want is to admit that they found something that proves the Bible. Poor Eli. I think about him all the time. If only he knew what I know now. I need to make sure I keep telling people the truth about Jesus. He's not some life enhancing genie in the sky like I thought for all those years. He was God in flesh and He took the punishment for the sins of the world upon Himself as the perfect sacrifice. There could have been no other way. I know that it all worked out for Job in his book but the important part was the in between. That was the part where he praised and followed God even through the hard times. I know bad things can happen to me and my family. Jesus said that in this world we will have trouble. I do take heart that He has overcome the world. I hope I can always rely on Jesus and be like Job in those times when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment